Earn the Italian Wine Scholar™ (IWS) post-nominal via the online, independent study format or enroll in the 10-week, instructor-led online format including live review webinars
The Italian Wine Scholar™ online learning format includes for each unit:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with acclaimed wine educators (*instructor-led format only)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Italian wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
Pricing for the online study formats:
- Steve Mosteiroon Jul 27, 2020"I already have my Somm, Certified Specialist of Wine, and WSET III wine certifications and the IWS Unit 1 has been my favorite session so far. Cannot wait for IWS Unit 2"
- Mark Lunaon Jul 13, 2020"I'm a very big fan of WSG and I was very satisfied with all aspects of the Italian Wine Scholar program. The materials were extremely well presented, certainly very challenging, but very easy to follow. Having a WSET background, I was very impressed with details of each chapter, and the equal focus on both viticulture and vinification processes...plus the history portions of each chapter were outstanding. I plan to continue my education with the Wine Scholar Guild! "
- Julianneon Jul 9, 2020"The Italian Wine Scholar is an in-depth and comprehensive view of the various regions and wines. Alan Tardi is an excellent instructor and was always willing to share his insight and answer questions. I look forward to more programs about Italy. "
- Janice Stuberon Jul 7, 2020"I found the study materials exceptional and attribute the fact that I made use of them on a regular basis to my passing this course , thank you."
- William Torres Walshon Jul 6, 2020"Great Course and great material"
- Terrace Chumon Jul 2, 2020"The overall online program is user-friendly. Both the reading materials and the teaching sessions are clear and not difficult to comprehend. The practice questions, flash cards, and other auxiliary optional information are very helpful."
- Alessandra Ferreiraon Jun 29, 2020"All material is very good i think miss a general quiz with 100 questions"
- Cristina Cottonon Jun 24, 2020"An excellent course for developing and deepening an understanding of the complex and fascinating wine landscape of one world's birthplaces of viticulture. This course is a fun and useful way to cover Italy's regional diversity and plethora native grapes - it certainly has made my tasting and wine cabinet more unique! "
- Morgan Vosson Jun 19, 2020"Great program! I feel I have a much better understanding of Italian wine after completing this course. The online study materials that are provided are high-quality, easy-to-use, and set you up for success! "
- Min Jeong Kimon Jun 19, 2020"Thank you so much"
- Kim Yanan Leeon Jun 10, 2020"Very comprehensive program and useful supplementary materials for students like me who studies abroad and from home. The instructors and administrative staff are very fast-responsive and helpful. "
- Paulette Cottonon Jun 7, 2020"I found the IWS program to be a very in depth logical approach to the study of Italian wine with abundant study materials and resources that provide learners the means to absorb and retain the information being presented. The instructor led course was both informative and engaging. The entire staff was very responsive and conscientious. I look forward to future wine education classes with WSG. "
- Mahesh Tirupatturon Jun 4, 2020"Excellent program. I found the exam to be a bit of a memorization as opposed to a visual analysis. Perhaps a couple of essays as opposed to just multiple choice and also include tasting like WSET. Maybe I am biased to Wset as that is what I took first"
- Robert Milleron May 29, 2020"The Italian Wine Scholar program is a thorough, comprehensive, and ultimately rewarding deep-dive into the land of Italy and its multitude of grape varieties, wines, and wine producing regions. The online learning platform is unparalleled in wine education giving, allowing you to immerse yourself in each region without leaving home. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to develop a deeper understanding of the myriad of complexities this wine producing mecca provides."
- Missa Capozzoon May 21, 2020"I truly love the WSG courses. The only thing I might change is offering immediate exam results like the Society of Wine Educators does with the CSW. I took my exam 4 days ago and am still awaiting my results via email, and since I took it digitally online, I know the results were scored immediately. "