The package includes:
The SWS study manual, access to the SWS online course for one year and registration for the SWS online exam-sit. Does not include the one-year membership subscription.
Detail of the package:
Spanish Wine Scholar study manual
- A 315-page full-color study manual on the wines of Spain
- The most current and comprehensive resource on the wines of Spain
- Manual doubles as a reference book for wine professionals
One-year access to the SWS online course (e-learning modules)
The Wine Scholar Guild offers an interactive professional development program that is put into a measurable, meaningful format designed for maximum retention of content and ease of use.
- Students study all Spanish wine regions online... at their own pace!
- Study materials are available 24/7 and registration is for one full year
- 16 interactive e-learning modules with loads of illustrations, videos and review quizzes for self-evaluation
- Instructor Q&A forum for assistance as well as Student Community forums
- Downloadable maps
Registration for the SWS online exam-sit
- The exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 60 minutes.
- The Spanish Wine Scholar credential will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.
- Online exam candidates must have a computer (tablet not compatible), a good internet connection, a webcam and a microphone with speakers for proctoring purposes.
Important notice: Candidates cancelling less than 10 business days prior to their scheduled exam date or not showing up the day of will incur a $99 re-scheduling fee.
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.