The package includes:
The SWS study manual, access to interactive e-learning modules, and review webinars for one year as well as registration for the SWS online exam-sit. Does not include the one-year membership subscription.
Get your SWS certification in 10 weeks! Next online instructor-led session starts February 9, 2020. Registration is now open!
Get a head start! Gain instant access to online study materials... followed shortly by your study manual!
Detail of the package:
Spanish Wine Scholar study manual
- A full-color study manual on the wines of Spain
- The most current and comprehensive resource on the wines of Spain
- Manual doubles as a reference book for wine professionals
Professional instructor support with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director
- A schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- 10 live review webinars recorded for on-demand replay
- 16 interactive e-learning modules with loads of illustrations and videos
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group organized by students enrolled in the online program
- Instructor Q&A forum for assistance as well as Student Community forums
- Downloadable maps
- Access to pronunciation exercise
- Study materials are available 24/7 and registration is for one full year
Registration for the SWS online exam-sit
- The exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 60 minutes.
- The Spanish Wine Scholar credential will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.
- Online exam candidates must have a computer (tablet not compatible), a good internet connection, a webcam and a microphone with speakers for proctoring purposes.
Important notice: You can cancel or reschedule your exam at any point before your scheduled exam time by logging in to your ProctorU account and using the rescheduling link.
If not cancelled or rescheduled prior to the exam start time and you are not showing up for your exam or more than 15 minutes late, a $75 re-scheduling fee payable to WSG will be applied.
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.