The Spanish Wine Scholar™ distance-learning format includes:
- A suggested schedule of study with learning objectives for each region
- Live review webinars with Rick Fisher, SWS Education Director*
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Downloadable maps of all Spanish wine regions
- Pronunciation exercises to boosts your credibility
- A list of recommended wines to sample on your own or in a tasting group hosted by students enrolled in the online program
*Instructor-led format only
PRICING FOR THE ONLINE STUDY FORMATS:
Independent study format
On-demand, start anytimePrice: $595
Recognizing the exceptional depth and accuracy of the program, Wines from Spain (ICEX - Spain's Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program.
- Matthew Wheeleron May 12, 2021"Well written and prepared course for the beginner just starting their journey into wine, but also for more seasoned wine professionals, this course delves deeper into the whole of Spain, covering not just D.O's but also V.T's, V.C's and Vinos de Pago giving a very clear view of the hierarchy within the country, as well as all the fundamentals of history, regulations and climate etc. It is sure to be a go to reference guide for years to come."
- Adrian Mateion May 2, 2021"Spanish Wine Scholar it is a journey from vines to wine, with good history education, easy to assimilate the information's and brings joy for studying."
- Marta Chiavacci, FWSon Apr 14, 2021"I thoroughly enjoyed the Spanish Wine Scholar program. The materials were well organized and presented. The flashcards and quizzes were helpful while studying for the exam."
- Tyler Worthon Apr 10, 2021"Having taken the French, Italian, and now, Spanish Wine Scholar remote self-study courses, I would highly recommend them all. If you really want to get a complete understanding of the wine regions Europe's most iconic wine regions this is the place. Enjoyable to read, easy to understand and amazingly thorough. Avid enthusiast or industry professional, you will not be disappointed. "
- Richard Stockon Apr 10, 2021"The course was a lot more than a standard wine course it covered history/ culture / food and major sightseeing opportunities Whilst I learnt a lot about Spanish Wines I also learnt even more about Spain "
- KWOK KAI CHUNGon Apr 8, 2021"Excellent course materials with detailed wine maps. The on-line course is interesting and comprehensive. Recommend to those like Spanish wine."
- Michael Biggson Apr 2, 2021"This is a great course. It covers history of Spain (particularly in relation to the wine industry), geography, climate and of course all the different wine styles throughout the Country. All of the autonomous communities, and the main DOP's are covered in detail. I would highly recommend it."
- Nicholas Lotzon Apr 1, 2021"A great in depth look at Spanish wine for anyone looking to progress after WSET 3. "
- Stephen Kennardon Mar 10, 2021"The WSG qualifications are excellent and I recommend them to all those interested in wine. They build on the more generalist qualifications run by other bodies and enable a more in-depth review of the key countries and specific regions. The course material is well set out and goes well beyond the syllabus enabling students to expand their knowledge even further. They really are great books to research a country's wines. The historical and political background notes also add just enough detail to put everything into context."
- Aleksandron Feb 28, 2021"Spanish Wine Scholar has been a true revalation for me. After 8 years in wine industry this was the first time i was really able to dive deep into Spain as wine country. SWS helped me trully understand, appreciate and strengthen my love and passion for spanish wines and culture. Certainly it is a massive beggining of my spanish journey, that i hope will last a lifetime. I totally recommend taking any of WSG programms of one's choice for anyone who is as passionate as i am in order to get some really serious and in depth knowledge on subject. Bravo WSG! And thank you! "
- Adam Zhangon Feb 20, 2021"The content of this program is very well organized and the interactive e-learning modules is extremely helpful, one can certainly become an expert in Spanish wine once finished studying this program! "
- Francisco Riveroson Feb 11, 2021" I loved the depth of the materials, and Rick Fisher has a way of simplifying the hardest subjects. The book is one of the most important reference books I have, and can always count on it. "
- 0on Dec 15, 2020"The combination of text and well laid out and reinforcing on-line learning resource is excellent. "
- Sarah Timbrook-Nugenton Dec 4, 2020"Spanish wine is such an important category at retail but not well understood; the course content includes the very latest developments in DO regulations and grounds them in an understanding of history. Well done!"
- alexandremaon Oct 15, 2020"WSG offers me a giant window through which I am able to see the colorful wine world. "